Terra Consultancy strives to enhance the employability of the disabled and sign language users by raising their confidence and promoting greater awareness amongst other professionals who engage with them.
We act as a ’bridge’ between employers, disabled employees and sign language users to provide practical guidance in developing effective communication strategies to eradicate cultural and communication barriers. Whilst their employees enhance their specialised and transferable skills, employers benefit from increased diversity, employee productivity and wellbeing.
We provide support for daily workplace activities, including:
- Job coaching and mentorship
- Personalised and individual support
- BSL Interpreters
- Communication Support Workers
- Work and Welfare Consultants
We also cover job interviews, job induction, employment training and staff meetings.
Additionally, for employers and colleagues we provide consultancy on:
- Deaf Awareness
- Introduction to Basic British Sign Language (BSL)
- Understanding the Access to Work scheme and how it works
- How to work with BSL Interpreters in employment setting